Monday 17 March 2014

The Potting Shed, Llantrisant...

Saturday Lunch at The Potting Shed...

A few weeks back me and James decided to try somewhere new out for lunch and after a visit a few months earlier I suggested 'The Potting Shed'. It originally started out as an off road garden centre next to the Royal Mint but now it has a cutesy gift shop with a homely cafe in the back room with comfy sofas and a wood burner to sit next too. 


They sell pretty much everything they have on display which I think is pretty cool and at the back they have a big kitchen dresser where they display and sell their own chutneys and marmalade in cute little jars.


 
It was a bit chilly on the day so I chose to have a hot chocolate which came out beautifully presented. James went with a ginger beer which was also presented nicely with a glass and a vintage paper straw.


Everything that we ordered during lunch was really nicely presented. I went for a tuna roll which tasted lovely and came with some salad and a few grapes.


James had ham and salami roll which came with an amazing caramelised onion chutney on the side. The only down side was that it contained only a single piece of ham and salami, which at £4.50 a roll is slightly outrageous!



I enjoyed my lunch and would probably go to The potting Shed again. Sadly I cant say the same for James who felt (and rightly so) a bit ripped off in terms of value for food.


Have you been to The Potting Shed? What are your thoughts?

2 comments:

  1. is that the roll your complaining about?
    looks pretty good to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't complaining about the roll per say- I simply thought that £4.50 for a roll with a single piece of ham and salami was a bit steep. Other than that our visit there was lovely :)

      Delete

Go oooooon tell me what you think :)